“I’m a proud graduate of the Prairie Yoga Teacher Training (2011). I had done my homework when choosing a Teacher Training program, because.. it’s a commitment in both time and money, to be sure.
After two months of training, my concerns vanished. Prairie Yoga itself is far too modest, but I will say this unequivocally: PYTT is the most rigorous, comprehensive and demanding Yoga Training program in the country.
And the hiring rate for all PYTT graduates is…..100%. Really.
Please consider this if you’ve ever thought about teaching or merely deepening your practice. And best of all, it’s now right here on the northwest side of Chicago, at the Yoga Shop!” –Jim Cogan, owner of TYS
Yoga Teacher Training with Praire Yoga Institute at the Yoga Shop!
Prairie Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training will deepen your own personal practice and prepare you to intelligently teach beginning and intermediate yoga classes from your own heart-felt path. The training is designed for those who want to become yoga teachers as well as for those who want to deepen their own personal practice and immerse themselves in the study of all aspects of yoga. One year of consistent yoga practice is required to enroll.Your commitment to learning and dedication to your own personal transformation is key to enjoying the benefits of this training.
You Will Learn How To:
- Include all eight limbs of yoga in your practice and teaching
- Understand the energetic effects of asana, pranayama, bandha, meditation and the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Rid ourselves of habitual patterns, create a healthy balanced state and restore energy
- Train the mind to become still and develop self-awareness
- Sequence to emphasize different energetic effects, themes and intentions
- Apply key alignment principles
- Integrate the intelligent use of vinyasa (breath-synchronized movement)
- Understand anatomy of the physical and subtle bodies
- Balance the opposing forces of grounding/lightness; stability/ease; and strength/flexibility
- Introduce sound based yoga practices such as chanting and simple mantras • Refine your teaching language so it is clear and specific
- Demonstrate visually to emphasize key actions
- Adjust students manually to reinforce alignment principles in a safe and appropriate way
- Modify for common student issues • Organize a yoga class to create a supportive environment for transformation
- Market yourself as a yoga teacher; understand common yoga financial agreements and insurance; and build healthy business relationships
- Gain insight into the ethics of teaching yoga View certification requirements, schedules, registration information and application
About your instructor
Reeny Linstrom, 500 E-RYT has been a dedicated practitioner of yoga for 19 years and a teacher since 2001. She received her 500 certification from PrairieYoga in 2007 and has been a faculty member of Prairie’s Yoga Teacher Trainings for the past
Oct. 15-16 / Nov. 12-13 / Dec. 10-11 Jan. 14-15 / Feb. 11-12 / March 11-12 / April 8-9 / May 6-7 / June 10-11
Saturday, 12:00 – 7:00 pm
Sunday, 10:00 am – 4:45 pm
Includes meal break daily
$3250 if paid in full by 9/16/16
$3500 thereafter (See reverse for details) 4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments $150 fee for payment plans (ContactTheYoga Shop for details)
Trainees get 50% off all class packages and drop-in fees at The Yoga Shop!
Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy with Marinda Stopforth November 18-19,2016 (12hours) Saturday 12-7 pm / Sunday 10 am – 4:45 pm $300 by October 21, 2016; $350 thereafter Held at TheYoga Shop
Gabriel Halpern Yoga Teacher Training May 20-21, 2017 (12hours) Saturday 12-7 pm / Sunday 10 am – 3:45 pm $250 by May 5, 2017; $300 thereafter Held at TheYoga Shop
Application » Download Application
Upon acceptance into the training program, you are required to read and sign the Trainee Agreement provided.
Contact us with any questions email@example.com